Who is a scaffold inspector and what are his duties?Scaffolding constructed by a professional scaffolder is essential for many projects. They provide safety and support for workers on site, while allowing them to work comfortably at height. The inspector is the person responsible for verifying that the scaffolding has been built correctly. It is the Scaffold Inspector who carries out in-depth inspections and issues a technical approval certificate for the scaffolding if it has been built in compliance with Richtlijn Steigers.
Qualification as a scaffolding inspector (Steigerinspecteur)The DNV Inspector certificate is valid in both the Netherlands and Belgium. It can only be obtained by an experienced scaffolder with a minimum of 5 years’ experience. The validity of the DNV Inspector certificate is 5 years. The certification is carried out according to SVWOH rules and instructions.
The cost of the DNV Inspector course includes:
- study materials
- hot meals, drinks, snacks
- a pleasant atmosphere with an experienced instructor
The following topics are covered during the Scaffold Inspector Course:
- Evaluation of rules, guidelines and safety requirements for (de)assembly and modifications that have been correctly applied
- Evaluation of strength, stiffness, stability, safety and assessment of scaffolding based on drawings
- Inspection of scaffolding materials based on current criteria and standards
- Inspection and assessment of scaffolding safety in all phases
- Reporting on things that are not safe
- Legislation in the Netherlands
- Physical and transport rules regarding different types of scaffolding
- Tasks and responsibilities from helper to inspector
- Work on the basis of drawings, diagrams and specifications
- Drawing and sketching of scaffolding
- Legal aspects and liability in connection with scaffolding construction
The Inspector training, together with the examination, takes 4 days
- 3 days theory ( each day 8 hours)
- 1 day exam – 2.5 hours
Each day, we start training at 8:00 am.
At 12:30 we organise a longer break together with a hot meal.
During the lectures, we take short breaks every 1.5 hours.
Each trainee must be at least 18 years old and have a valid identity document (ID card or passport) and a valid VCA certificate.
You must have a CURRENT DNV certificate or a certificate from your employer on the appropriate DNV form with a minimum of 5 years documented experience as a scaffolder.
You can download the form HERE
We offer the DNV Inspector course in the following languages:
You can take the DNV Inspector exam in one of the 3 available languages:
Lader lift training takes place at our location
Link to location on map: HOW TO GET THERE?
For the convenience of our trainees, the Bonapi Training Center has prepared teaching facilities with five equipped lecture rooms, a practical training area and a large hall.
Scaffold inspector in the Netherlands and Belgium
Despite appearances, the Scaffold Inspector does not do a ‘one-off job’. His or her inspection of scaffolding is continuous, as re-inspections are necessary every time there is a change (or suspected change) in the scaffolding structure.
The scaffolding must be inspected again when:
- you extend the scaffolding by additional panels
- you add a balcony on braces or consoles
- you suspend the stand by means of a beam or additional tube
- a tent is mounted on the scaffolding or parts of it during use
- strong blows of wind or snow have occurred
- the expiry date of the previous inspection
DNV Scaffold Inspector training
The training will give you the experience and DNV certification you need to undertake work in the inspection and acceptance of scaffolding at construction sites, factories or petrochemical plants.
Because we adapt the language of the course to suit you, we are better able to provide you with all the information you need to pass the inspector’s exam.
Sign up for DNV inspector training at Bonapi.
Our trainees about us:
Competent and friendly instructors.
Well prepared learning program.
I'm very happy this school, recommend you choose it.Very good teachers,everything explains to you in detail.The atmosphere cool,teachers Piotr and Ricard cool👍👍👍
Good luck in the works men...
Very good teacher, nice food, 😊 new technalogy, big tv screen, draw with smart pen, no more papers, intresting, hightly recomended